In this post, we shall share with you some of the simple SEO tips which will help your website place higher in the Google search results pages.
(1) Page Titles
- A title tag tells both users and search engines what the topic of the particular page is.
- Use unique and meaningful title instead of vague or default titles like “index.html” or “Untitled“ – “Perfect Weddings – Singapore #1 Brides Wedding Portal”.
- Title should be ideally unique for each page on your website.
- Title tag should be 70 characters or less and include your business or brand name and keywords related to that specific page only.
- The title can also include some important information like physical location of your business and a few of its main services/products.
- Avoid stuffing unnecessary keywords into your title tags.
(2) Description Meta Tag
- A page description meta tag gives search engines a summary of what the page is about.
- Descriptions may serve as snippets for your pages and display together with your page in the search results – thus you are able to give the user a better idea of what the website is about without clicking. For eg. “Perfect Weddings is Singapore’s #1 Wedding Social Community with Free wedding tools, planning guides, wedding forum, real weddings” Instead of “Home, About, Contact”.
- Using unique descriptions for each page will help list multiple pages of your website onto the search results page.
- Avoid copying and pasting the entire content of the page into the description meta tag.
- Instead of pwdgs.com , get your domain perfectweddings.sg – it is friendlier to the user.
- The URL to a page is displayed as part of the search result in Google, below the title and the snippet. Hence if the words in the URL fit the user’s query, it will appear in bold as well. These words will appeal to users more than an ID number like perfectweddings.sg/article/102412/
(4) Provide quality and up-to-date content
- The more content you have, the more likely search engines will put more of your website’s pages in the search results page.
- Consider writing blog posts, tutorials and how-to guides on your website.
- If your content is out of date, visitors may go away and not return.
(5) Image descriptions
- Add “alt” tags to your images to allow you to include keywords for every image on your site.
- An image link with an alt text will help search engine understand more about the page you are linking to.