Having Hiring Difficulties?

As a small companies in highly-competitive industries, many of us face difficulties hiring and building an ace team. A quick check at the Ministry of Manpower website – For our Services sector, we realise that other than Malaysia, we can actually extend our search to North Asian Sources – Hong Kong, Macau, South Korean, Taiwan!

From the MOM website, click to the Employer section (right-hand side), under Hiring Foreign Labour for Services Sector, you can even download a useful Excel sheet that calculates the quota and levy on Foreign Labour.

Of course, before you consider hiring, you will need to know the various Passes. Once you have decided on what kind of Pass your foreign team-member will need to apply for, you (as employer) will need to create WP/EP Online Accounts. We have already gone through these steps for both WP & EP Online Accounts, so if you need help, free free to drop a comment to this post.

By the way, note that from 1 August 2014, you may be required to advertise your job opening on the Jobs Bank before you can apply for an Employment Pass. If you don’t already know, there is a National Jobs Bank where it is free to post your jobs openings to reach to locals.

For even more information on hiring foreign labour, kindly refer to MOM website. Alternatively, you can also call them up at 6438 5122, Monday to Friday: 8.30AM to 5.30PM or Saturday: 8.30AM to 1PM – they are pretty friendly.